If you went to school in Canada, you must have a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian secondary institution (high school) or post-secondary institution.


If you have foreign education, you must have:

- a completed credential, and

- an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigtation purposes from a designated organization showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian post-secondary institution or secondary institution.



Proof of funds

You must show that you have enough money for you (and your family, if applicable) to settle in Canada.

Language ability

A minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all 4 abilities.


     Skilled work experience must be:

  • - in the same type of job (same NOC O, A or B occupation) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (promary occupation);
  • - within the last 10 years;
  • - paid work;
  • - at least 1 year of continuous work of full time (or equivalent of part time). 
Minimum Requirements



Federal Skilled Worker Program is for skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently. The program has minimum requirements for skilled work experience, language ability and education.


Applicants must first meet all the minimum requirements in order to be considered eligible. 


Applications are assessed based on:

- age;

- education;

- work experience;

- whether you have a valid job offer;

- English and/or French language skills;

- adaptability (how well you are likely to settle in Canada).


These factors are part of a 100-point grid used to assess eligibility for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. You earn points for how well you do in each of the 6 factors. The current pass mark is 67 points.



I will be happy to assist you in assessing your chances of qualifying under the Federal Skilled Worker Program!

Use the "FREE ASSESSMENT" tool or "BOOK A CONSULTATION" with me! 


Website Created & Hosted with Website Builder